Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not reach anybody on Friday.
Closed yeaterday.
Reached a live person today after being on hold for close to 45 minutes only to be transferred to a voicemail.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe because they're a manufacturing company, and not a customer service one? Try calling Chevrolet sometime. :)

Really not trying to be a smart-aleck. What's you're question, maybe somebody here can help?
Colt doesnt operate the same as GM. Their customer service is at Colt. They dont have worldwide dealerships and suppliers and distributors of archive letters.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. Do they have a supplier that can provide me 20 letters at once or is contacting Colt my only option.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My one time I had to contact Colt directly was September, 2018 and it went great. The service rep was knowledgeable and mailed me the missing items for the GCNM I purchased from Bud’s. It’s been a year since that experience so things may have changed but I would have given them high marks based on my experience.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had very good dealings with Colt customer service. Wait times vary, but I take into account the volume of calls they probably get. I have dealt with Coonan, Bond Arms, Savage, Smith & Wesson, and several others. Wait times vary from 5 minutes to 45 minutes depending on how busy they are. After whatever wait time it is Colt has always taken care of whatever issues I have. The other ones I have dealt with have always provided good customer sevice.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I was able to get a hold of Colt CS on the phone about 8 years ago when I was going to order a custom SAA- did not do it, to bad I would have got it by now. If I tried to call them on the phone Crom knows how long it would take those days.

I really do not like- well hell no, that's not true- I GD hate the way phone service is with near all companies, medical offices, small and large business's damn near every place- phone service has damn near been destroyed by- as Jim Martin would say the "Infernal Machines" Even the military is infected with it.

Every thing is in the GD computer and the computer don't work.

Phone service has been ruined by the "infernal machine" cabal- It might get us in some serious deadly trouble someday.

Colt probly is no different, most likely computers triage calls now and probly talk to the customers. Or rather irritate the customers. Send the call to voice mail purgatory and forget about it.

If I call to do business anywhere and a human picks up the phone- I will probly call back and give them more business.

If I get a robot soab- unless I can't go somewhere else- I don't go back.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
It’s a timing thing. I’ve had a handful of days when it seemed like it was kind of bad, but many many more times, I’ve called with no wait at all. I’ve called many times when looking at a gun in a shop and was seeing what year a gun was made by the serial.. things such as that, so it had to be fairly quick and they were.
Probable bad times to call would be the day after a holiday or holiday weekend, early when they first open , while they are having a training /meeting, or just after that, and all afternoon on Fridays, or at least late on Friday. Today I would have expected to be bad after a long weekend /holiday on Monday, so they’re gonna be playing catch up.
I went to the post office in town near work today at lunchtime. I needed to get a usps money order and it was the biggest line I’ve ever seen. It looked like Christmas -last minute shipping you’d have thought. I didn’t have much choice. Sometimes we have to call Colt when we can ,, and it’s just gonna be wait time. But when you can spread out away from the rush times, the mid afternoon times have been good times for me.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Aren't the distributors the ones that handle sales and service?
Isn't the archive letter department a separate corporation now?

I agree with the above post: why call a manufacturing factory with questions?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Usually 2-3 days to reach someone at regular Colt #.

For Archive , usually has worked ,or got call back shortly from Paul.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I rarely try calling any company any more. I use there support email contact address and usually get a reply in a day. Of course Colt isn't that modern and doesn't offer any email address for customer support.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,608 Posts
People who answer the phone at a manufacturer are net losers for the company, they don't earn any money for the company.

For that reason, most manufacturers will hire as few people as they can, and very often they have other responsibilities they're required to keep up with.
The result is long wait times, and dropped calls.

A company like Colt probably get thousands of calls a day and so you get very long wait times or shuffled off to an answering device.
Sorry, that's just the reality these days.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just called in for some warranty work on my new king cobra and couldn’t get through. Called back and after 20 min wait I got a voicemail. I left a message. I’m hoping the call back. Lil gremlin in my hear says they won’t.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I called again and got through. Fellow on the phone couldn’t have been nicer. Great customer service. I’m all smiles here

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess I was lucky because last Thursday, February 13th, I called a little after 10:00 AM and was able to speak to a Customer Service Representative after being on-hold for 18 minutes.

·
Banned
102 Posts
I think writing them a message would yield better response from them, Will get sometimes for them to get back to you but they will. I have friends who have been in contact with Colt for years via Email.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts