Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt New Agent in 9mm that I acquired in a trade. I love the gun, just like 45ACP better, so I am trying to trade or sell this gun on this forum as well as a number of others including Armslist. I have sold a lot of guns in the past, but for some odd reason, this gun which is in like new condition will not sell. Is there something up with these guns that I do not know about? I am aware of the Recall on the 45ACP version of these guns, but that does not pertain to the 9mm variant. I was told that this gun should sell for $1000 easy which is where I started out, I went to 950, then to 900.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Most people give it a short time on the forum and then move it to gunbroker if it does not sell.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
For me, personally, I do not like the sighting system. My eyes do not work well with it so it becomes a bit of a deal killer. Just think of the reasons you are selling it and looking at a defender. If you put a list of the cons together for you personally with the pistol you will see others reasons for lack of interest as well. This is not a knock on your pistol I am sure it is a very nice gun.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I would love to own your 9mm,but right now i'm too busy chasing snakes.
on GB there are some for 889.00, 895.00 , have seen them for 875.00 at times. not saying you are out of line but others see that too.
also maybe people are afraid of buying from someone that has no history of sales on here. not saying that you can't be trusted cause i would not hesitate to buy this one from you.i think your price is fair,just hang in there you will get a bite.
If you need to sell quick you might set up an account with GB and and run a no reserve auction for 7-10 days and it will sell probably for more than your 9 bills you want. you do take great pictures and that is what it takes over there.
i have been wanting one but will have to wait until the snakes are all killed:rolleyes:LOL
Good luck ,hang tite, have patience.
EE

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The New Agent was designed for easy conceal carry and thus the trench sight system. Some folks simply prefer outline or 3 dot sights though when in close quarter situations the sights are rarely as issue as one is inclined to point and shoot for defensive purposes. Some big box stores are selling these NIB full retail at a little under $1k from what I've seen. You are selling a lightly used (my assumption) New Agent at probably a fair price though it may take another reduction in price to move it here. If this fails then an auction site might be your best bet as the gun will find it's worth by what sellers are willing to bid. In the selling of personal firearms one occasionally will not meet their expected price and that's just the nature of it. My .02 worth.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gunbroker fee is only 3%. Amazing deal for the degree of exposure.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Most believe any Model O pistol should be chambered in .45ACP, making the non-.45ACP pistols hard sells. The Model O is needlessly big for the 9mm cartridge. A 9x19 with the same or greater magazine capacity can be had in much smaller size and weight for less cost. I would not waste my money on one, an opinion shared by enough people to make one a very hard sell.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
My Kimber gold match II went minutes after I listed it for 1200.00. A pre 80's Colt Commander in 9mm does not seem to last long either if fairly priced. I do not think it is so much the caliber in these 1911 style pistols, or Model O as you call them which is probably the correct term, as it is this particular platform. I do not see many of the other ones hanging around long.

Most believe any Model O pistol should be chambered in .45ACP, making the non-.45ACP pistols hard sells. The Model O is needlessly big for the 9mm cartridge. A 9x19 with the same or greater magazine capacity can be had in much smaller size and weight for less cost. I would not waste my money on one, an opinion shared by enough people to make one a very hard sell.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I love my Colt New Agent in 9mm. No malfunctions and I shoot it better than my other guns.
Well said. :)

I've had a .45 acp New Agent since 2009. Paid $820.00 for it. It's been a very fine little pistol - reliable and accurate.

Likes Golden Saber JHP ammo.

·
Registered
931 Posts
but for some odd reason, this gun which is in like new condition will not sell.

I was told that this gun should sell for $1000 easy which is where I started out, I went to 950, then to 900.
Perhaps the price? Seems high to me for a used one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the way this gun shoots as well, just wish it was in 45ACP. I wonder if one can buy a 45ACP slide and barrel and interchange?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I sold one not that long ago. It was LNIB only a couple mags through it. I think I only had listed on this forum and two others for about a two or three weeks.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I love the way this gun shoots as well, just wish it was in 45ACP. I wonder if one can buy a 45ACP slide and barrel and interchange?
I believe you would also have to replace the extractor and magazines. Or you could buy the parts for a full upper and have it fitted to your frame. then you would have a 2 for one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Might be your asking price. In Calif it would sell for your price no problem but they are scarce as hens teeth out here.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Just an observation, but when someone tells you that 'You should be able to sell it for...' - he's not exactly your friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts