Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
OK, I can't resist... I can think of a couple reasons he is smiling, aside from being Gold and on top of the blue dome...

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I've been experimenting with a photo box that I built and I got a pretty good pic of the Colt on the side of my 1908 Army Special. Same little smile as above, but I'm wondering if this was engraved or was it a roll mark? To me, this looks engraved. Does anyone know how they did it back then? It really is quite impressive no matter how they did it. And not that I was looking, but it looks like the family jewels may have been included in the artwork.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Out of curiosity - just how much idle time do you guys have on your hands, anyway?
I wasn't idle, I was playing with my light box. :bang_wall: I've been saying I should get a gym membership for a while now but that's a lot of effort!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've been experimenting with a photo box that I built and I got a pretty good pic of the Colt on the side of my 1908 Army Special. Same little smile as above, but I'm wondering if this was engraved or was it a roll mark? To me, this looks engraved. Does anyone know how they did it back then? It really is quite impressive no matter how they did it. And not that I was looking, but it looks like the family jewels may have been included in the artwork.

Looks like it was double stamped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts