Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect that the same persons at Kimber & Colt are in cahoots. Both refuse to chamber their new production revolvers in 4" lengths, or employ adjustable sights. Why?

Ruger & S&W make their new revolvers in 4" & 4.2" & 6" barrel lengths. WTF is Colt & Kimber waiting for????

Get with the Program already rubes!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Colt has gone after the concealed carry market first with the Cobra and 3" fixed sight King Cobra. I think most observers believe that's a smart marketing move as that's a hot market segment. More models will hopefully follow.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Colt recent timeline : bankruptcy , restructure , reset production plan to cost conscious and strategic release of new product.

It appears they’re following a plan. It’s probably a good thing, otherwise if nothing changed , they’re gonna have the same results.. bankruptcy.
Rumor mill has it that those wishes may be granted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
At SHOT there was a video where a Colt rep alluded to a 4" adjustable sight King Cobra being released at NRAAM. Instead they launched the DAO 2" model.

Not sure where you guys are hearing this Summer for the 4" model but I'm impatiently waiting for it. Hopefully y'all are right

·
Registered
313 Posts
I get the frustration. On the other hand, Colt is making a .357 and S&W brought back the 19 and the 610. It’s finally a good time for revolver fans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts