Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the discussion on this bill there was no flaming or trolling. We are in a gun forum, this is a gun bill. If you take the time to read the bill, it is very short I think you can handle it, you will see how bad it is. It is very vague and leaves it open to interpretation. If not in a gun forum where are we supposed to discuss this and get folks to contact their representatives?

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
I left a closing message in that thread after it ran long enough to give all a chance to respond .

I'll offer you the same response as a fellow earlier today ... Do you have something pertinent to add to the bump stock discussion ?

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somehow my previous post was lost. It went something like this. " This being a gun forum discussion of any and all gun control measures is pertinent."

I am ashamed and appalled my fellow gun owners could be so insecure that they cannot discuss issues that do pertain to all.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ohhhh. This is not going to end well.........just kidding. Billy_56081, you are going to find that you must abide by the rules on these forums, it simply how it is. These forums are not platforms for free speech they are here to make the owners money and you are here at their discretion. Now if you were on the other forum that does not have a pony on them but two initials that shall remain unmentioned you would suffer far more worse consequences than on here.......you have to learn to abide by the rules and your time here will be very pleasant. I started collecting more colts than Smiths because I like hanging out over here where there is far more tolerance........hope you stick around.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I guess i am not so insecure that i would consider myself a winner or loser because of how this discussion goes. What i am trying to get out there that there is a very vague subjective bill in Congress that is trouble for all gun owners.

·
Registered
593 Posts
"I am ashamed and appalled my fellow gun owners could be so insecure that they cannot discuss issues that do pertain to all."

Exactly!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks guys for helping me to remember what it was like on the grade school playground many many decades ago.....this is why your parents use to say that is why we can never have nice things.......things deteriorate quickly. But the funny thing is this will be tolerated a lot better here than over on the other forum....this kind of banter would get you banned.....ask me how I know.........thanks for the laughs guys......

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Thanks guys for helping me to remember what it was like on the grade school playground many many decades ago.....this is why your parents use to say that is why we can never have nice things.......things deteriorate quickly. But the funny thing is this will be tolerated a lot better here than over on the other forum....this kind of banter would get you banned.....ask me how I know.........thanks for the laughs guys......
That's just simply not true. Yes, they do have policies and rules in place, but I think your confusing what you can and can't talk about over there. Bashing new S&Ws is the only thing I see bring the hammer down, and breaking their classified rules. Other than that, I have found it to be very open and accepting of topics as long as addressed in an adult manor and continued that way.

Have you seen any of the "other" forums threads on the SlideFire or bumpstocks recently? They go on and on with conversation and discussion. Even the mods get in on commenting. They allow a much broader range of topics over there AND have sections specially for them.

The stuff being discussed over there recently would never last here, example the HR3999 thread. So billy_56081, if you want to try your hand over there, I would highly recommend it.

Nothing against the Colt forum. That's why we have options.

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
Several inappropriate and disappointing posts/comments have been removed from this thread only reinforcing why we handle things the way we do .

These 2 replies in another similar thread now running state the reasoning of "why" very well . Very well put gentlemen , thank you .

There are a good many gun forums around and all of them have sections were subjects like gun control and politics can be discussed.

THIS FORUM is a more technical forum on collecting, gunsmithing, and the fine details of Colt firearms.
As above the General Discussion areas of the other forum soon turn into a swamp and quickly get out of hand, resulting in a lot of time needed by the mods to control, hard feelings, banned members, and turmoil that turns many people off and away.

Bottom line, if you want to discuss other topics, there's plenty of forums to do that. There's no reason you can't belong to more than one.
This one just wants to stick to the subject matter the forum was started for.
I believe it's because the conversation will allways turn to politics and politics turns nasty. This place is about Colts and the collecting them, there are plenty of places to go talk politics. I talk politics on other sites that allow it but out of respect for the owners here I refrain from it. If you want a gun board that will give you all you want and then some PM me for the site.

This place is peaceful and more to learn than I thought possible and no other site like it. You will enjoy this place as you embrace it as family, Colt forums is like no other.

Jim

Here's the bottom line . Coltforum isn't the place for politics or in depth gun law debate . It hasn't been since August of 2006 . There are no plans to change our scope , period .
Thank you .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.