Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are Colt revolvers (Python in particular) so much more expensive than say, a Smith and Wesson? I'm serious, I really don't know why.

Ez

------------------
He who shoots first, laughs last - Lebed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I've decided to respond to my own question. This is pathetic...I'm talking to myself. I'll be patient, maybe there is actually someone out there besides me. Did I hear something? Hello, hello, who is there?

Ez

------------------

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just signed up Ezra. I guess they are so expensive because of all of the hand fitting involve. If you look at an older style Detective special and a Magnum Carry, the workmanship of a newer revolver is very very sad. The new president of Colt actually said in an interview with G&A afew months back, it cost Colt more money to make them than what they sold them for. No other revolver has the feel of an old style action Colt.
And one more thing, Ezra, I have you to thank for signing up. I've lurked here for years and I read you post and though I would respond.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is my second attempt on this post.
The first reply to Ezra question didn't go through.
Ezra I guess to answer, the Colt revolvers required alot of hand fitting. Unlike S&W that were basically an assembly line in putting parts together to make a gun.
The Colt president once stated it was costing Colt more to make the guns than what they were selling them for. One reason the the price has gone up on them over the recent years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 4th Horseman,

Thanks for the response. I am surprised at the lack of folks here. I want to get better educated on Colts, revolvers really, although I like the 1911 in 38 Super. Am looking to buy one in the next 6 months. Been shooting since I was little and Colts have always been my weak link.

Ez

------------------

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ezra, I've always loved Colts also. I guess it's one of those things, either you love Colts or you just don't care for them.
I've always admired the lockwork in them. The Colt Detective Special has always fit my hand just right.Colt revolvers have many features on them that other manufactures models just don't have. More twist per inch in the barrel, a "second hand" that locks the cylinder tight,right hand rotation,hand fitting, beautiful blue finishes, and not to mention the history of the company.

------------------
"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality." Crazy Horse 1874

1 - 6 of 6 Posts