Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm speaking of the Chisolm Trail gun show held twice a year. This weekend was the spring show. Last fall 800 tables were filled and this weekend 900 tables were filled. What I'm most impressed with is the quality of items showing up including the rare and scarce. A man from Oklahoma had about 50 single actions and about 25 Winchester rifles. A man from Denver had some rare and lettered single actions including a lettered and boxed 38 (1 of 86 ever produced) asking $29,000. Another man with a mint Match Target asking $2995 and a mint Match Target "US Property" marked also asking $2995. Another man with several Diamondbacks. Another man with a 3-digit Python, serial 367 (second year 1956) asking $1995 but it had a lot of holster wear and the original stocks weren't great. Same person also had a boxed M357 blued 6" barrel mint in the original box for $995. The box was in poor condition. For the Smith guys, there was a full table of rare and scarce Smith revolvers. Some were not for sale. Many Winchester rifles for also for sale throughout the show.
I walked away with 3 purchases. The mint Police Positive .22LR Target model for $490, a mint Diamondback .22LR 4" barrel boxed (no manual, target or tool) from 1967 for $1000 and a Marlin .44 mag rifle (pre cross bolt safty) in excellent condition for $325.

The sellers are there with the goods. The word has not gotten out yet that bring in the buyers. I didn't set up a table because in the past I haven't sold anything. Maybe someday the collectors will come and encourage me to setup again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts