Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is late, but I'm curious if any of our members are coming to Harrisburg, PA. this week for the auction of western artifacts and firearms owned by the city of Harrisburg?
The auction starts today. I've pasted a link to the local newspaper article.

Harrisburg Wild West artifacts could sell at a major loss, estimates show | PennLive.com

If any of you come in to town, please email or PM me via the forum and leave a phone number. If we can arrange it, I will meet you before or afterwards and buy you lunch or dinner.
Somebody's got to welcome out of towners! :D

Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is pretty cool. I just found an article on this and the old mayor's obsession with building a museum that never took. Looked through some of the items and found several Colt's. I'm not in any kind of position to bid, but it would be very cool to go to this and bid on some of the artifacts. Wish I was going. Posted another link where I saw this. Not trying to hijack your post by any means, but just trying to show another article.

Steve

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TE=WHAS&SECTION=DEFAULT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT.html

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Wish I could join in Mike, if only to be able to shake your hand and say Hi. Post pics if possible so we can be there in spirit. :cool:

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
It looks like some pretty interesting stuff!! If I had known sooner I might have tried to make it. I'd a come just for the free lunch !!! LOL - But right now I'm going through a lot of rigamaroll in preperation of a total knee replacement. If it gets rid of that constant pain I'll be a happy camper!!

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It looks like could spend days digging through all of that. My kind of auction and I'd love to go, but I'd be tempted to sell a kidney so I could have some $$$$!

Love the "coffin" cased Lightning.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I'd be there if it was closer Mike, you know that :) . In my Lancaster, PA days (when I would have been close enough for this event) I was providing for 3 small children, a part time restaurant hostess working spouse, mortgage and car payments. I seriously doubt I could have afforded a box of ammunition back then. Rain check for when/if you visit your friend in Texas and I'll buy the lunch my friend.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I can't afford to buy anything either! :D
I'm not even going down there. I just bought the 1937 .380 Hammerless this week, and I just posted a WTB add for an extra .380 magazine.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
But right now I'm going through a lot of rigamarole in preparation of a total knee replacement. If it gets rid of that constant pain I'll be a happy camper!!
As someone with experience (not all of it good) in this area, do all of the rehab exercises for as long as they say do them. It will be both painful and boring, but it works. The biggest problem is restoring flexibility to the joint. Try for the largest range of motion that you can achieve.

Good luck,

Buck

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Talk about thread drift, we are now on knee replacements! So, I will report my wife's experience, which tops all. She had no physical therapy and did it all herself. She can kick herself in the butt (and mine too - but that is another story). At least that strong will is good for something ...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Mike, I wish I could make the gun show partner. We have no gun shows here in NJ. I know that is surprising huh! So, Pa is my closest location to get to a show. I have not been to a gun show in, years, but my business is picking up finally and I can not get away. Perhaps after the summer I can make a trek out there to buy some guns and blades. Peace my friend.Lou

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lou, there are good gun shows in Allentown, Valley Forge, and Harrisburg twice a year. And smaller shows throughout the state. I only mentioned the ones in the eastern region. If you ever plan to go to one around here, you can stay over if you like. I have two extra bedrooms. It's a big house for just me and Gunny.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thank you sir,
I used to be a member of a club that used to have shows in Allentown all the time. I stopped going when my son was older and did not want to spend his Saturdays looking at guns and blades. He told me he could do that in our basement. LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I thought about bidding on the Theodore Roosevelt 1909 Safari trophy (mounted hippo tusks). I could see my wife and I getting into a "wagon wheel coffee table" type argument (for those of you who have ever seen When Harry Met Sally) and decided I was probably better off passing. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts