Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Wes,
Can I get a little more info on your Nickel plated King Cobra snubbie MIB ?
What kind of box did she come in, was it cardboard or plastic ?
How does the end label read ?

Thanks, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't replied, I just now read this post. I will check the box tommorrow. The gun is in my Dads safe and I will go by tommorrow. I do know the box is brown cardboard though. Remember it has a red line on the sight too. VERY lightweight gun with thin handle. 2" nickel
Wes

·
Registered
794 Posts
Wes is it possible that your memory of this gun is amiss? What you are saying about a King Cobra just does not add up. There is no way a snub King Cobra would ever be considered a VERY lightweight gun with thin handle.

The other part that doesn’t add up is that you say it is nickel. King Cobras were not produced in nickel to the best of my knowledge. Colt stopped producing regular production nickeled guns before the King Cobra ever hit the market.

King Cobras were produced beginning in 1988. For the 1st few years they came in the maroon 150 year Anniversary box. Thereafter they came in the blue plastic case. They never came in a brown wood-grain box.

Could it be that what you remember is a Cobra that came in nickel and had an alloy frame which would make for a “VERY lightweight gun with thin handle” and which would have come in a brown box. That would seem to make more sense.

But what about the red line on the sight? Could it be that the gun really is a King Cobra but in bright stainless and the brown box is the outer shipping carton?

Please help to clarify this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could be. Cobra-King Cobra, not sure but we will know tonite. I am going by to get it and also have a camera to take pictures if I can figure it out. New to putting pics on the web. I do know that it is a brown box and has red site. Will take pics of my other toys too.
Wesley Hardin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts