Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Colt is no longer making the Python(Elite). I've heard rumors that Colt was updating it's tooling/machinery, and will offer the Python again in the near future. Can anyone substantiate, or debunk this rumor?

I sincerely hope that Colt will offer the Python again. I just bought a minty (1981) 4" blued Python, and now I've got the bug! I'd love to buy a NIB 4" brushed stainless Python. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nero

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Last word is that Colt will restart production on the Python somewhere in 2006.

But that's not official...(yet).

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
They have been telling us that for months.
That's where we heard it first. It still could just be what they are telling the employees to tell customers over the phone.
Anything can happen and we'll just have to wait and see.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I sincerely hope that Colt does resume it's production of the Python in 2006. If they do, I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday next year! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nero

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just spoke with Cindy at Colt's customer service. They will be bringing back the Python and the Anaconda. The Python will retail for about $1,100.00. That was roughly MSRP when it was discontinued temporarily. When sales droop they discontinue production temporarily. Once something is dropped from the line everyone wants one, demand increases and they manufacture again. I suppose the cycle will continue until the day demand doesn't increase.

Bill

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Adjutant.

When the Python is available again, I will buy a 4" brushed stainless steel one to go with my blued one.

Did Cindy give a date or month when they'd offer the Python & Anaconda again?

nero

·
Registered
26 Posts
The experts have just about said it all, but I recently added to my Python collection, by patiently looking online at Gunbroker & Auction Arms, and found a NIB Colt Python Elite, Stainless and got it for $1,100...I think I was lucky..but you have to check daily, and be patient. On the other hand, you can wait on a (maybe) by Colt as to when they will offer new manufacturing of the Python & Anaconda....Good Luck..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Alan,

I can wait until hell freezes over before I will find a NIB Python in the Netherlands. All Pythons for sail here have been used and pretty well I might add. There are virtually no collectors in Holland only shooters, so if I want a new Python I have to wait until Colt starts producing them again. Buying one via GB, Auctionarms or Gunsamirca is not an option because I won't get it shipped overseas.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
No hard feelings, I will take it like a man!

Nice piece!

Congrats.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Nero,
Sorry to take so long to answer. I was out of town. I don't recall her exact words (at my age my memory is only good for about 12 - 14 nanoseconds) But I think it was early 2006. The only DA Colts I own are an Ageant and an old 1878 .45 Colt but there is just something special about a Pyton. I came close to picking up a used one a week or two ago but it had been reblued.
Hope you get your Python.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts