Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do a little heavy reading about William Mason, designer of the Colt SAA, M1877, and more. Got any suggestions that go beyond what's on Wiki?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
A good question-

This very well done "Cowboy Chronical" article has good stuff more than I have seen elsewhere. A comment from below the article-

"I loved reading this.i have william masons new service target in my safe.it is the best shooting revolver I ever handled.his name is inlaid in gold on the back strap.it is lettered to him from colt"

Wowser! :oops:

Who has his SAA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A good question-

View attachment 745748

View attachment 745750

This very well done "Cowboy Chronical" article has good stuff more than I have seen elsewhere. A comment from below the article-

"I loved reading this.i have william masons new service target in my safe.it is the best shooting revolver I ever handled.his name is inlaid in gold on the back strap.it is lettered to him
A good question-

View attachment 745748

View attachment 745750

"I loved reading this.i have william masons new service target in my safe.it is the best shooting revolver I ever handled.his name is inlaid in gold on the back strap.it is lettered to him from colt"

Wowser! :oops:

Who has his SAA?
I too have a new service target lettered and william mason gold inlay on backstrap in my safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts