Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have convinced myself I really ought to have one of the new Winchester 1895 SRC models in .30-40. I have an old Browning model in .30-06 and it is a fine rifle. It seems that I have read that the change over to the sliding safety on the new models caused some trigger pull issues. Do any of you folks have one of the new models, 1886, 92, or 95 with the safety? Do you have issues with the trigger pull? Any background on these would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recently sold one of the new model 1895 carbines in .30-40 Krag that I purchased new at least ten years ago. Never a problem with the trigger, nor have I heard of such. I also had a new version of the '92 Winchester in .45 Colt some years back. No trigger problem with that one either. I've had a number of other Winchester modern reproductions (Miroku, I guess). I don't recall having a need to use the safety on any of these guns, but I assume the safeties worked. Alleged trigger problems with these guns may be real or may be Internet.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Problem? No. I just don't like the tang safety. I pulled the tang safety out of all of mine. Had Browning hammers to replace the rebounding '92 and '86. The '95 is a saddle gun for me so I just pulled the extra stuff and filled the tang hole with glass bedding. I am still looking for a 1895 Browning hammer to change out the new Winchester part.

I should try an original 1895 hammer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts