Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a Winchester 94 in quite nice shape made in 1957. It has a swivel drilled hole in the bottom of the stock. How much does that affect the value of the rifle if I replace the swivel? Also is the checkered steel buttplate proper to 1957?

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Is it a Wichester Factory Swivel ? If so don't change it. A Picture will allow some of us to compare the Swivel installed to those factory types.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a Wichester Factory Swivel ? If so don't change it. A Picture will allow some of us to compare the Swivel installed to those factory types.
I can't tell because in the pic is just a drilled swivel hole in the bottom of the stock.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I recently sold a 1941 '94 carbine with added swivels (stock & one clamped to mag tube) with worse wood than the one pictured for $500. Don't know if that helps you out or not, but to me the price isn't out of line. Any pre-64 Winchester in decent shape is worth $$$$$.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently sold a 1941 '94 carbine with added swivels (stock & one clamped to mag tube) with worse wood than the one pictured for $500. Don't know if that helps you out or not, but to me the price isn't out of line. Any pre-64 Winchester in decent shape is worth $$$$$.
Thanks Chaffee

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would pull the trigger at that price and figure out the swivel later. Good luck on whatever decision you make.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Here is mine about the same vintage. I bought it new in 57 or 58. I was a big kid and had the pad added for LOP. Also a williams foolproof. I kept the parts and it wasnt drilled. Still have it! I once killed a buck at 220 yards! I have never had to readjust the sights. Think I paid $55 or $65 new for it!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Earlier this year I bought one (Gunbroker) from 1952 in .32 special in about the same condition (sans swivel hole) and paid $475. I am very happy with it, so yeah, I think that price is right in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts