Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over at the iver johnson, er.. i mean the s&w forum they have a "wish list" or guns they wish were made. perhaps it would make an interesting topic. i vote for a mordern repo of the new service. of course it shall have the old style action, be made of blued steel with fine walnut stocks in the fluer de lis style, bbl lengths 2.5, 4,5,and 6". chambered in the .45 colt,or .44 spl. the 2.5 in. with rnd butt and fixed sites. the longer lenghts with target sites.anyone else care to wish out loud?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would like a reissue of the pocket pos. w/ the following changes. 2' bbl.-chamberd for .32 H&R mag.-a spurless or folding spur hammer.

In other words a truely SMALL pocket rev. w/ some punch.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Do you mean reproductions by other companies? With all the rumors floating around about the future of Colt, it seems to me like a depressing subject.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean reproductions by other companies?

[/ QUOTE ] no,i dont buy copies. perhaps reintroduce would be a better word. a gun simular to s&w heritage series of guns.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Before the DA-revolvers went belly-up at Colt's, the wish list was huge!

Nowadays Colt would satisfy a lot of Coltowners if they just restarted production of the Python. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
962 Posts
I found it frustrating that when Colt did do a fantastic job of bringing out a "reintroduction" in the form of the WW1 1911, it got very little attention in the gun press.

For my money, that is exactly what Colt should be doing more of - the quality and level of detail to the details is what made me want one. I couldn't be happier with mine and if I find another when my pockets happen to be flush with cash, I'll buy it, too!

If they would simply case-color the hammers on their current SAA production, I think it would add tremendous appeal. The ones I've seen have been quite well made, but without the casehardened hammer, it just doesn't have the appeal to make me want to lay out the green.

And as a compromise, I'd be willing to take a blue Anaconda since I don't think we'll ever see them invest in the tooling it would take to bring out the New Service again.

But, I guess that's what wish lists are for!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
bushwacker; you probably know that 3" .22 Cobras,while scarce are relatively easy to find,price around $400-500.

I saw ONE fixed sighted 4" Police Positive .22,after reading about them in Henry Stebbins book-BUT this Police Positive was unfired,aftermarket engraved,with nice pearl stocks; a presentation piece!! Price was outta sight-and never have I wished that a mint gun had been a well used "shooter".

4" O.P.s in .22,while scarce and heavier of course,can be gotten relatively cheap,especially if seller has no clue as to its' rarity. Forum member,here in Maine picked up a nice example,for around $335,recently that he posted. I have had one for years,great shooter,and figured(and hoped) that someone would spot it,who did NOT already have one.Part of "fun" of my fixed sighted .22 revolvers,is finding the most accurate ammo(unlike a semi auto,'taint got to worry about "feedability")

Always wanted a fixed sighted M&P Smith(model 45).22. No wonder I can't find one,collectors have 'em all! Just can't see buying a model of a gun that you ALREADY have,unless it is to "upgrade". One of my "pet peeves" about a number of collectors is "hoarding". Just could never see it!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do some refinements on the 1911's.Like maybe go in with some of the big name custom builders like Wilson or Baer.Smith sponsored Doug Koenig and followed with some of his name recognition on their guns.Show the public they are serious on their bread and butter guns.If they dont make some money and get some new machinery,Colt is destioned to fail,then we'll all be wishing for something that wont ever happen anyway.

Colt also needs to bring in some serious publicity people and get off their rumps and do what all the other companies do.Advertise in some very inovative ways.

I'm sure everybody remembers Dirty Harry and what that movie did to the Smith model 29,,,hell you had to get on the waiting list for one.

I betcha everyone wants the Python to continue.But life isn't all about Python's and SAA Colts.I don't have a solution,or else I'd go save Colt from oblivion so we could all have the Horse jumping around for another 100 years.

Winchester should be a wakeup call for both Colt and Smith.Guns are a hard sell to the general public.And every company thinks that the way to saveing themselfs is to outsource their production overseas.When that happens....it's all downhill.Olin kept them afloat probably longer then they should have been allowed to exist.That goes to show you,,,guns are a hard sell.

So I guess this is my want list....Keep Colt alive so I can go into any gun shop and buy a Colt without waiting,or hopeing I'll ever get one.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Do some refinements on the 1911's.Like maybe go in with some of the big name custom builders like Wilson or Baer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why get Wilson or Baer to assist Colt in building a Colt? If you want a Wilson or Baer then buy a Wilson or Baer. They learned how to tune and trick out a Colt then sell it at a high price tag. Colt knew how to tune their pistols and tricked out one to make the Gold Cup, but managed to keep the price down. So why seek the help of someone who will show you nothing except to raise the price tag?
Bells and whistles aside, a Wilson or Baer is nothing more than a tuned Colt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts