Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all due respect to collectors, my own preferences for a collectible are Single Actions that have been customized. Now let me qualify that statement.

I like to see a fine custom job on a Single Action or any brand name, Colt, Ruger, Great Western, what-have-you. My first criteria is that it pleases my eye. I don't like octagon barrels, ventilated ribs, nor birds head grips.

I do like color case hardening, adjustable sights, deep blue finishes, Bisley type hammer spurs; anything to enhance accuracy and sighting. In general, to make the gun more user friendly and/or accurate.

So, I have no problem with someone who takes a worn old Colt or Ruger and does these things to it. In fact, they are, to me, much more collectible than a old gun unsafe to shoot. No matter how old or historic, I'm not interested if that gun won't put the bullet where I want that bullet to hit.

There. Said my piece. Now stepping down from my soap box.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have a fairly nice Browning Hi-Power T-Series. Beautiful slide, but front and backstraps on frame are worn from hands. If the pistol were mint, I'd leave it alone. As it is, I'm considering sending the frame to Turnbull for case coloring.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
With all due respect to collectors, my own preferences for a collectible are Single Actions that have been customized.
Bob Wright
Not a thing wrong with that at all Bob! And to my mind, if you have two or more of these, you are a collector with a specific vision of collecting. I guess I have a very slightly broader focus on collecting since I like single actions, double actions, revolvers, semi-autos and good grief, everything in between - LOL!

So many guns, so little wallet! :cool:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Blasphemy Bob!!! Old Colts and Rugers that have been resurrected to fight another day...What are you thinking?

And Tony, I too have a very, very, broad vision of collecting. Broad enough to border on the fringes of accumulator. Well, to be honest I have been over the line a few times. Or more....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.