Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a blued 4" DB on layaway and will pick it up in a couple of weeks. It's had less than a box of .38 wadcutters through it and I'd rate it easily at 95% or better. There's barely a turn line and there are no marks or scratches on the finish. The grips are perfect. Using the resources here, it dates to 1976. There's no box, but it does have a little orange booklet and one other paper/pamphlet of some sort. (It has a target on it, but it's not an actual target)

I know that photos would help, but it's not in my possession yet. I've described its condition very, very conservatively.

I realize that these value threads are a PITA, but you guys are the experts. So what do you Colt scholars think is a fair price?

Thanks in advance,

CA357

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Your desciption makes the gun sound better than 95% if no wear or marks and less than a box of shells shot throught it.

12 hundred dollars is where I would value the gun. But this is just one opinion. Take an average of all the opinions you get on here and you should come up with a fairly accurate estimate.

John

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sounds like a 98% gun to me or perhaps a little better. $1200 sounds about right to me too for a 4" 38spl Diamondback with blued finish.

You didn't mention what YOU paid or are paying for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. I would rate it at 98% too, but I wanted to be conservative. It even comes with the partial box of wadcutters with the spent brass. It was consigned by the original owner.

Shh! Don't tell anybody, but I paid much less.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your way to good brother,,,

John
Actually, I just got lucky, I very rarely ever find a great deal. Normally I pay the going rate and here in California, prices are higher than most everywhere else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A DB was my first gun that I purchased and it was for a lot less than this. I also sold it for a lot less than this. I wish I would of kept it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts