Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
"Getting by just fine" woulda been kinda dull though; don't you agree DPris ?? :D.... I must say however, I do look at my accumulation of clutter and know you speak the truth.
I realized long ago, in another one-time pursuit, a three wood, five iron, and a putter is all I needed to lug around through the pasture, and,.. more than once cast a jaundiced eye at the three wood. :D

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I'm starting to realize that I need to slow down and focus. It's hard though. My New Years resolution is to get my $hit together across the board, gun addiction included.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meds be durned!

I mean, like, if I'da spent the same amount of money on only 6 guns that I've spent on over a hundred guns in the past years, I coulda had things like a 100% engraved Peacemaker, a Purdey shotgun, a pair of 100% engraved 1911s, a hand-built blue-printed bolt-action rifle, a full-custom .357 Smith & Wesson.

Or even a concealed carry pistol, a .22 pistol, a .22 rifle, a pistol-calibered lever-action rifle, a scoped hunting rifle, a sawed-off shotgun.
All box-stock.
And stockpiles of ammo taller than my house.
Denis

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
well sort of..

My Dad always told me "You can only shoot one at a time" ( But he had plenty)

And the best wing shot in our little town had a unknown name single barrel shotgun with the forearm taped on only gun he had I think.

So there is something to be said about pairing down. And practicing with what you have.

I think it is a good thing to specialize with your collection.

Need to practice what I preach. lol

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I COULD get along very easily with one good congealed carry gun, one heavier-caliber outdoor handgun, one .22 handgun, one .223 semi-auto, one scoped boltgun, and one defensive scattergun.

And that'd leave a BUNCHA cash left over for ammo & new meds!
Denis

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Golly Winkies?

But all the guns I've been through, some sixty or more handguns, have been purchased to further my knowledge and experience with the handgun. Even wish there had been time for more.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine have been purchased.....because I thought I should, thought I could, or thought I would.
Denis

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Well, the good news about buying those guns, you don't shoot, If you are looking to sell them, you should more than recover your investment. This Forum is a great place to post them up. Good luck in the new year.

Craig

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I am 65, will wait until I get old to reflect back on my habits. I am having too much fun with my guns now to wonder why I bought them.:cool:

Jim

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I am 65, will wait until I get old to reflect back on my habits. I am having too much fun with my guns now to wonder why I bought them.:cool:

Jim
Well Jim, I've just turned 68 (December 15th) and I've not yet started to reflect on
my issue of being addicted to collecting. I DO need to get out and shoot them a
bit more than I did in 2017, but right now it's 5 degrees out and that's not viable.

Maybe when I get older I'll have time to sort this all out.................................in
the meantime, just bought another pistol 2 weeks ago for my birthday.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Mine have been purchased.....because I thought I should, thought I could, or thought I would.
Denis
Well maybe you should lay off the meds and coffee for a few days and see how you feel..... just a thought....

Though I do understand what you are saying unfortunately....RR

1 - 20 of 56 Posts