·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Goddard crime lab had a vast collection of firearms (and a
waste basket full of cotton into which guns were test-fired), as
well other devices for comparing bullet rifling marks. Most of
the lab was sold to the Chicago Police Department in 1938, with
such employees as Joe Wilimovsky hired to train cops in its use.
In those days, Real Men didn't bother with hearing protection.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The City of Richmond,Va. Police Dept. maintained an armory from the gangster era of the 19 20s through the end of the 20th century. An entire wall of 1928 Thompsons and 1917 BARs. What a sight.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey, one more way to help pay off the National Debt.....................................................put every one of them up for auction on a nation wide web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I once had a brief angled peak into ATF's Dallas safe room. Full of seized weapons. One caught my eye in particular - an M60 machinegun.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have a lettered 2" Police Positive Special that quite likely has been through the Goddard Lab. It has initials scratched on it as was common for police identification, and it was shipped in 1927 to P. VonFrantzius (the "Armorer of Gangland") in Chicago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the government builds the website, it will cost tens of millions of dollars and won't work. However, they could pay someone $10.10 and hour to post them on gunbroker and watch the cash roll in.

Hey, one more way to help pay off the National Debt.....................................................put every one of them up for auction on a nation wide web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.