Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sold for $755!
I'm thinking I may get Bryant Ridge to list my 1918 Colt PP, seen here. It has a couple of features that may up the price even more, such as the "exciting trimmed bulged barrel" and "custom front sight for quick draw"

That was the first listing. Second still has 3 days to go and now sitting around $300. When you open that link, you then have to click “see new listing” button at the top.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Of course my post was in jest.
I wonder why, if the original offering was "no reserve" did thy not have to let it run? As a big customer of GB, they are allowed to do what they want, hoping for a higher outcome.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the listings for the revolver on GB. It will have run three times when it ends this time. Here is one of my favorite sentences in the description.
This example wears the Blue finish, however time and use has resulted in a gorgeous Patina finish throughout.

1)1917 Colt Police Positive .38 Spl ULTRA RARE FITZGERALD CUSTOM 1 OF 800! - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 907270389
2)1917 Colt Police Positive .38 Spl FITZGERALD CONFIGURATION EXAMPLE - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 911785597
3)1917 Colt Police Positive .38 Spl FITZGERALD CONFIGURATION EXAMPLE - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 916225090

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Well to start with, it's not a .38 Special like the ad listing says. It's a .38 New Police, as it says buried down in the narrative.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honoring a refund is the only way they get by. If they didn't they would not survive. Sell some junk and hope it sticks. They do sell a lot of nice guns too. I will never do business with them.

Reactions: colt03

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Probably returned due to false description. I would say it is a poster child for this dealer.

·
Registered
814 Posts
He keeps getting diminishing results. First auction, $1,300. Second Auction, $750. Third auction, $430. He doesn't seem to have paying bidders. Hmm?

Maybe it will be listed again, and again, and again...

I think I will wait until it sells for $0.01.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a quote of a feedback that was left. "Seller failed to disclose that the firearm had been refinished. However they accepted the return and provided a full refund to cover the mistake". Buyer left an A rating because a full refund was given. Never mind their intent was total and complete deception.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts