Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of some wood stocks for my trooper mk-3 from 1970. I saw these on ebay, and I wondered if those who might know could tell me if these are the right style of grips for that era of pistol. I presume the J frame in the ad tells me that they will go on, but I hadn't seen this style of grip on any photos so far..

Colt Trooper MK III Factory Service Grips J frame jf55 | eBay

Thanks for looking.

JD

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
They appear the same as the one's on my originals. I would be comfortable purchasing them or maybe hold out for one of the experts to chime in.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Those service stocks would be most appropriate on Official Police MkIII, Lawman MkIII and Metropolitan MkIII although all III of those were also often supplied with target stocks. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
I put a set of Service Stocks from Numrich on my Trooper MkIII and like them better than the Target Stocks the gun came with. As always, JMHO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a set of Service Stocks from Numrich on my Trooper MkIII and like them better than the Target Stocks the gun came with. As always, JMHO.
I do like the look, I think it might be similar to my lawman snub perhaps. That said, I love the feel of that gun. It (the Trooper) shoots pretty well with the rubber PAchymars on it, but I like the wood look on those blue guns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now you guy's have me wondering.
I bought a set of grips off of the Colt site, for my Trooper Mark III.
On the grip's I bought, the back strap of the frame is exposed.
The front side of the frame, and the butt of the frame are covered, by the grip.
They seem to fit on the gun, just wondered if that would be a proper grip for the Trooper?
I tried pic's, way to confusing for this boy. It said my pixel size was wrong, so other than buying a different camera, you'll have to use your imagination. LOL
I like these grips, better than the target grips, that were on there.
Oh, and for all you Python guy's. This gun shoot's, I can knock bowling pins off my backstop all day long at 50 yards, freehand.
I think my Gold Cup is even more accurate.
Not knocking the Python, I'd like to own one, but I'm having a hard time dropping $1500-$2000, on a gun that may or may not shoot better.
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts