Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son received his first handgun from his Grandfather, a 1949 Woodsman. I would like to get him a set of Roper grips but I am finding nothing for a Series 2. I am assuming they exist. Does anyone have a picture to share?

BTW, the gun is a tack driver. Comparable to my HS Victor from a rest with CCI Standard Velocity.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes, genuine Ropers for Second Series pistols exist but in my experience they are very scarce.

Here are a few very old pics of a set I own.

At the time I bought them they were mounted on a Third Series Match Target but have since been removed from that pistol and are now loose. You can tell that they were originally for a Second Series gun by the cut-out for the push button mag release.

I bought them back way back when I was chasing Ropers. I eventually caught all that I needed. I have not given any thought before now of disposing of them but if you are interested in these send me a PM as I might be persuaded to let them go.

Regards,
Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts