Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Woodsman 3rd Series Match Target. I disassembled the magazine and am not sure how to re-assemble it. There is a small question mark shaped part that seems to go between the base plate and the spring stud but i cannot figure out how it fits in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I have a Woodsman 3rd Series Match Target. I disassembled the magazine and am not sure how to re-assemble it. There is a small question mark shaped part that seems to go between the base plate and the spring stud but i cannot figure out how it fits in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There you go...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the magazine back together with no problems thanks to your help and picture. I am waiting for a new slide catch spring and then the whole gun will be back together and hopefully fully functional. Thanks for all of your assistance.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Got the magazine back together with no problems thanks to your help and picture. I am waiting for a new slide catch spring and then the whole gun will be back together and hopefully fully functional. Thanks for all of your assistance.
As an aide to your re-assembly.
I suggest you check out Bob Rayburn's website (main page), for the proper installation of the Slide Stop Spring. It is listed under Maintenance Made Easy.
22 caliber rimfire semi-auto Colt pistol: .22 calibre Colt Woodsman

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Just another question. Do you know where I can find extra magazines for this gun? I have search the net but have found few viable options.

Again Thank you in advance.
Ebay would be the best source.
To avoid a problem do not buy an aftermarket variety.
Early 3rd Series with a metal follower is the recommended magazine type. A fair price would be $60 to $80.
Click this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLT-WOODSM...140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4d5222cc
Good Luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you have grips on your woodsman that have a notch cutout, you can use colt's .22lr semi auto mags that were used for the Colt Cadet model. Some of these have a higher thumb press button, but will fit. I got lucky and picked 1 up for $35 on Ebay. Just cycled the mag 3 times and not 1 feed issue.

If you look on my old wood grips, they are flush to the frame, so the Cadet mag wouldn't fit with the higher button. So I got factory grips and all is now well! Good luck finding mags (not sarcastic)....I'm looking too :) lol
Cylinder
Product Door handle Cylinder Glass Hardware accessory
Titanium Tool Metal
Metal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.