Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my recently acquired ‘49 Woodsman Match Target to the range and I was not disappointed!

Only the 2nd time to the range and still deciding on what 22LR it likes. It seems to like the CCI Standard Velocity Target and Federal Match Gold Target just fine!

Above were 25 yards, bench supported.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Took my recently acquired ‘49 Woodsman Match Target to the range and I was not disappointed!

View attachment 708125

Only the 2nd time to the range and still deciding on what 22LR it likes. It seems to like the CCI Standard Velocity Target and Federal Match Gold Target just fine!

View attachment 708126

View attachment 708127

Above were 25 yards, bench supported.
I had a 3rd series. Great trigger accurate and reliable. They don’t make em like they used to

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Nice shooting Jack! and lovely MT!
Do the grips move around on your's? Unfortunately the plastic shrinks and warps causing them to move around, even when you have the screw torqued tight. I've been keeping my eyes open for a set of Herrett's or something similar to use on one of mine. I have a set on this 3rd Series MT where the original plastic grips are too warped to use with any accuracy. These pistols point so well and are a pleasure to shoot.

IMG_2611.jpeg

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice shooting Jack! and lovely MT!
Do the grips move around on your's? Unfortunately the plastic shrinks and warps causing them to move around, even when you have the screw torqued tight. I've been keeping my eyes open for a set of Herrett's or something similar to use on one of mine. I have a set on this 3rd Series MT where the original plastic grips are too warped to use with any accuracy. These pistols point so well and are a pleasure to shoot.

View attachment 708139
Robert - thanks and nice MT, photo, and shooting! Actually, my grips don’t shift at all. However, the grip adapter does a little. I don’t want to over tighten it so it starts off tight and loosens over a shooting “day”. Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts