Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys were so helpful with the red mottled 1911 grips I thought I would turn to you for one more thing. I know Ropers are expensive in great condition however most sets I see to compare prices are for revolvers. I have a set that came to me on a 1936 vintage Woodsman. Generally good condition.
The left side has some lose of checkering along the top of and at the rear of the small thumbrest, also a small slit about 1/8 inch at the front strap where the sides meet. The right side has a small sliver missing at the bach strap about 1/16' deep by 1/2 ' long again where the sides meet (thinst part of the grips. I am getting redeady to sell of some colt parts I don't need or want and want to be fair on the pricing. I also have a Steadman Stabilizer I will posting for sale and need pricing on. Pretty good shape 2 of the 3 screws are slightly buggered. How much is it worth?
IMG_1167.jpg IMG_1166.jpg IMG_1163.jpg IMG_1164.jpg IMG_1165.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a set like those I paid $356.00 for. Of course that price included the woodsman as well. :) I've seen S&W N frame Roper's go for $500.00 but Colt auto ones I've never seen sell for that much. I have an interest if you wish to sell them. Your guess would be better than mine on a price, maybe somewhere between $100-250.00 in that condition? Good luck those are great grips!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have a similar pair on my MT Woodsman and they are the best feeling grips I have ever had; I might be lucky, since I believe they were made to fit individual hands. The small missing sliver is a turnoff that would bother some. These grips must be removed each time to remove the mainspring housing and clean the Woodsman, probably resulting in the wear and missing sliver. My suggestion is to list them on eBay with a reasonable starting bid and I think you would be surprised at how high they would go for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts