Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sport has a SN of 69711 and Colt SN finder says it wasmade in 1930.

Robert Rayburn's Pocket Guide says the Sport was
made 1933-34 within serialnumbers 86000 - 91000.
I'm wondering if my pistol was refitted with this 4.5 inch barrel or am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Andrew Morris, Seattle WA, 206-660-1841

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Your Woodsman originally had the longer 6 5/8" barrel and it has been replaced with the straight tapered 4 1/2" barrel found after s/n 90000. The first "Sport" barrel appeared around the 86000 serial number in 1933. Your Woodsman may have been refinished, based on the glossy appearance of the entire gun.

Perhaps a moderator can move this thread to the Semiauto Pistols Forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Blackjack 33. Disappointed but didn't pay much - $415? It will make a good shooter. I will post things like this in its proper spot next time. Appriciate it! -Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tom. I was afraid of that. I appriciate your response. The barrel scrolling is not sharp but didn't notice any other re-bluing signs. I little disappointed but lesson learned here. Thank you again for your time to respond. Best Regards, Andrew Morris, WA State.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I’d give what you paid for that gun all day, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bob. Military Colts intrigue me the most. Have you heard of some U.S. stamped Colt Woodsmans marked with AMU serial numbers?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sweet looking pistol! they are so much fun...really fun for the young shooters. as said price point is about right. maybe the next one will be a "safe queen"...I shoot almost al of mine. have fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts