Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure I am navigating this site correctly, so let's see how this goes! Back in 1947, in frontier Alaska, I purchased a colt woodsman match target pistol. I t was used on a snowshoe hare hunt, and a shooting match. Shot some hares, and the little rimfire colt sure did shine in that match. It got cleaned, oiled, wrapped in a soft cloth and stored in a foam cushion pistol case. There, it has lived to this date. The woodsman is absolutely in like new condition. There are zero blemishes on this pistol. Stock finish, bluing and function are perfect. You cannot find even the tiniest mark on this colt. Any members have an Idea of this pistol's value? shoot sharps the word! Thanks-- Ken way up North

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Hey Way Up North Ken,
Welcome to the forum!:eek:
I would offer that you look up the sold numbers from places like Gunbroker to see the current market value.
There are some very knowledgeable folks on this forum who can (likely will) provide comments. It's recommended you post some detailed pictures to benefit discussion.
Vic

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
MT 2nd Model long barrel with box/papers as described $1k-$1400. Short barrel, add a few hundred.

MT BULLSEYE 1st Model w/ box/papers and elephant ear grips $3000. With shorter plastic grips maybe $2500.

Adjust prices in your location, condition, missing box/papers... downwards. I see many pistols described as mint which aren’t mint. Big price adjustment between mint and 97%. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mtw

Welcome! First thing to do is determine exactly which MTW you have, 1st. Model or 2nd. Does your serial number have a MT prefix or a -S suffix? Big difference in value.
Not too sure about navigating this web site. If a thing has more than three buttons, I can screw it up in a hot lick. serial number is S suffix. Thanks for your time on this. Have a great day, shoot sharp! Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Ted: How are doings in NC? No earthquakes, no -20 temp. must be great. Thanks for all the good info. I have no knowledge of grading firearms, so I will follow your lead. I'm not a starving pilgrim, so it is not a money thing. Wondering if I should shoot this pistol or commit it to life in a box? Sure like to burn gunpowder and hunt, if I'm not doing that, I'm fishing "critters hate me" Thanks Ted. shoot sharp Ken

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Ken,
With an "-S" suffix you have a second model MTW. Great gun and most prefer the magazine release not found on other Woodsman. It's already been shot so shoot it! You can keep it in pristine condition and still enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts