Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on an Anaconda year of Manafacture project.I need members help.If you have an Anaconda and know its date of Manafacture I would appreciate an email with a partial serial number,model number and the date it was made.When I get a good number of dates I will post it here for everyone to use.I know you can call Colt and get the date but that takes time.If I can get enough info I will share it with anyone interested.All help will be appreciated.Email me with what you have andI will include it in my data.Also the special order guns will be appreciated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Gonna have to call colt before I email you.

Will they provide dates for multiple guns / one phonecall, or do I have to call more than once...........

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I have had few responses.Is it that no one knows the dates or nobody owns any Anacondas.I have sone 93's and 94's so far but nothing early or late.When I get enough info I will post it right here.I do not need full numbers just partial and date made.All who have emailed me thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Realtree hunting Anaconda that was made in 1996. Would you like that serial number? I had two but I just traded one for a whitetailer. Let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yesterday I spent all of maybe 3 minutes on the phone with Colt. The young lady gave me a date in a matter of seconds.
Just call them...

L-1
jerry c

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here. Called to find the DOM for three of my Colts. A very nice young lady (Cindy) had answers on two of them in a couple of minutes. Very polite. She called me back a few minutes later with the DOM for my third pistol. Very polite and a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand you can call but would you not like to have a reference without having to call.As usual anybody who tries to help some here gets a bunch of smart ass remarks from the know it alls.If you want to contribute fine if not stay out of the thread.If that offends you I hope it makes you really mad.This is not aimed at anyone in general it is aimed at all who want to interupt.As for all who have emailed me I appreciate you taking the time to do.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'd be glad to help if I could, but have no idea of the year mine was made. I'll try and find out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
With such a small membership that we have here and even smaller number of Anaconda owners you will compile a small list that may lead to a lot of assumptions and estimations. I can see this as your own personal project, but a call to Colt will give everyone else a more accurate date for their Anaconda.
As to telling people to stay out of a thread because you don't care for what they have to say then maybe you should rethink posting threads.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Put a large date request to colt via the email listed. It is a little overwhelming, but hopefully they will give dates for all the pieces I asked for. When I find out dates I will email.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Bowhunter.I requested production dates just a general list from them and got a we do not give that out as a reply.That is why I am trying to put this together.That info exists but Colt for some reason will not turn it loose except 1 or 2 at a time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Project is progressing.Does anyone know the actual year that the 45 LC 4" and 8" were first made? Also any special editions and the model numbers and year of manafacture.I think I have most but trying to be sure from the experts.All help appreciated.Also was the Special edition First Edition guns made in 1990 or 1991 or both?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Majic: I would reply to you comment but I would only show my igornance in replying to your post.I have come to the conclusion there are some really helpful and nice guys on this forum.There are also some greedy self center collectors who would not give us lesser members the time of day.Go figure who is who.Thanks again Bowhunter great help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank Robba.Got any idea what the model number and serial number are for that gun.That is the earliest on I have gotten yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts