Colt Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Here is a image of the rare blued version of the Custer pistol. Personally, I like the silver plated version that I have purchased, compared with this one. He also told me that I should be getting two boxes with this pistol, which IMO will help its collectable status, but I think there may be only one box. :(

D5A45AA6-7D51-4273-9FA7-5295AFEB7803.jpeg

PS As someone here said, mine apparently is not "rare", but "scarce". I am looking forward to see if mine has a machine stamped, or hand inscribed serial number.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There should be an outer white shipping box and an inner gray Colt Blackpowder box as indicated in the picture. I emailed Mr. Imperato who currently owns Henry Arms, whose father owned Colt Blackpowder Arms when these were produced. If anyone here knows, please add to the conversation. Mr. Imperato was very polite but said he did not know who engraved the guns nor did he have any records. That rare blued version in the photo is breathtaking. The photos of my consecutive serial numbered pair is in the forum photo gallery.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Yes, there are two boxes as you have described. Also, it is the version that has the serial number hand inscribed into the metal. Yes! More collectible! This will be the first engraved pistol for me.

@dandak: The serial number is 44913.

PS Why do sellers "X" out the last two numbers of the serial number? We are not talking about a big dollar purchases here. Now if the value was at least $10,000, then maybe I can understand.

Reactions: dandak

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Show off! I remember reading that they only made a handful of them, so IMO this classifies as “rare”.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts