Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I was being just a tad sarcastic. Take a look at this "deal" offered on one of our Canadian Gun Forums. I hope you get the same fun out of this one as I did.

God....... I doubt that it's even a Colt frame.

Bud

Here's the ad.

Colt Single Action Army - 455MKII

Manufactured in 1876 this old Colt has been well taken care of over the last 135 years and has been completely restored. The restoration included case colour hardening done in the original bone and charcoal method and the edges, numbers and markings are all still sharp. The cylinder is an original 1st Generation chambered in 455MKII and the barrel was replaced with an unfired, mint Colt barrel in the 4 3/4". Overall a very high quality restoration and it has seen very little use since being fully restored. Once piece wood grips are also in very nice condition.

The action has a new main spring and works perfectly with 4 strong clicks, and it shoots as good as it looks!

This old Colt is a prescribed antique class revolver chambered in 455MKII and will not chamber a 45Colt cartridge.

A high quality Colt for those who appreciate a professional restoration.

$4800

Will consider pt trade of Sig 220, 226 or 229 Stainless, Tavor, Tikka T3 stainless in 243 or 25-06
Revolver Gun Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I do not appear to be reaching for my Wallet or Credit Card anyway.

$4,800.00 and two ( count 'em, '2' ) hasty mediocre images...

Ohhhh golly...whatchagunnado..?

Here's what I'm gunna do!

I will get a nice, slightly used, older 'Cimarron' in .45 Colt, for like $325.00...and then have $4475.00 left over to buy other things with.

Oh wait!! I already did that anyway!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Actually, I was being just a tad sarcastic. Take a look at this "deal" offered on one of our Canadian Gun Forums. I hope you get the same fun out of this one as I did.

God....... I doubt that it's even a Colt frame.

Bud
Wow, Bud, at first I was not real sure about your post. I read it the first time, uncertain if this was a bit of Canadian humor I didn't catch, eh? Now I'm back to throw in my two bits. My first clue was that the stocks were not one-piece as the ad claims. It seemed that the weapon was a mishmash of parts from various eras and I really was not impressed with the re-finish job. I thought maybe the extreme price was because it complied with Canada's laws on barrel length. I'm no antique revolver guy, but it just seemed $4800 is a bit extreme no matter where it's offered.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
And too...this is not a 'Restored' Revolver...it is a re-finished Revolver, built up of various parts, which had not started off life together.

A re-Finished 'Mix Master' one could say.

Not that a re-Finished Mix Master may not be a wonderful Arm and a joy to own and shoot and Carry...

But, there is a difference and a huge difference in this case, between a 'Restored' circa 1876 Colt SAA, and, a re-Finished 'Mix Master'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.