Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I personally think the buying public is losing touch. There is no need to push the market as hard as they are. The 2 1/2" Bright Python was worth $6k 3 months ago and now the Testosterone Junkies with more checking account than brain have pushed them to $10k. Guess the Average man will never own one of these Blue Chips.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like the collector car markets there has to be a ceiling when the bubble bursts. It makes me wonder where and when. I know some of these Pythons are in short supply but
thinking they are rare seems a stretch. The market sets the price and anyone who started gathering Python even in the last 5 years has a wall street smashing return portfolio. As Kenny Rogers said know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Like the collector car markets there has to be a ceiling when the bubble bursts. It makes me wonder where and when. I know some of these Pythons are in short supply but
thinking they are rare seems a stretch. The market sets the price and anyone who started gathering Python even in the last 5 years has a wall street smashing return portfolio. As Kenny Rogers said know when to hold em and know when to fold em.
There comes a time in every person's life when a possession is worth more intrinsically than monetarily or to be more precise the value of an item and the cost to own becomes irrefutably prohibited by either common or logical sense. I have no doubt that many members of our fine forum could liquidate something in order to buy ONE firearm that 5 years ago cost but 1/10th the price it does today but their logic or sanity says "Nope, it's just not worth that to me". That is when there will be fewer players in the mix and perhaps the ceiling, for the foreseeable future, will have been reached. There is, naturally, the exception where neither common sense, logic nor worth means a thing.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Buy a shooter. Save yourself a great deal of money. People who purchased these things barely fired them. Some were the exception in which you see real wear and tear on the gun but the ones I have seen are all fired maybe a hand full of times and are on GB as new are all BS. The tested guns by factory don't come with deep powder burn marks on the face of the cylinder. I have 3 new in the box that I personally purchased in late 1989. I cleaned the gun and you can't see the marks. The ones that look mint and have the round burn marks that looks like the gun was a smoker are not new. These guys are trying to get the high prices for something they don't have and waiting for the unknowing. The put fake boxes with labels and what have you to fool you. There are many people who know and collect these things on this forum and will help you spot what isn't right. Don't get excited and jump on it. The old rule still stands too good to be true most of the time it is.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
What is troubling is the time stamps of most of these posts! When do ya'll sleep?
Me personally, I'll sleep when this run on Colt is over. Until then I'm makin' $$$.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
IMHO, if you want an idea of current stainless Python "worth", in a GB auction NON- testosterone-blinded sense of "worth" ,

watch the level where the rational players (you will recognize them) , stop bidding.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
If regular bright stainless 2.5" Pythons are going for $10 grand, what is a Snake Eyes set now going for?

Recent (but not real recent ,times) , 10-12K. (Good sets that is).

Not selling at 17.5K.

Think when you get in the 5 figures , the testosterone bidding fades, and CF members/ Colt collectors appear.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Don't Worry, Be Happy

In the Colt Forum archives, one can find threads warning of the impending Python bubble burst... at prices of $1200 for NIB Bright Stainless, then at $1500, then at $1750, then at $2000 and on and on! History has told us that the only thing certain about a Python's value, is the never ending worry that its peak may be near.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts