Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
On something like this the value is definitely what someone is willing to pay. Since you can still get Francolini to make you one, I thought it finished very well. I would not have gone anywhere near that number just because I am not into “pretty guns”. But considering who bought it, I would have to think that it's a very desirable gun.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I believe the gun will letter as factory engraving so that bumps it up a notch or two....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well I believe the gun will letter as factory engraving so that bumps it up a notch or two....
My thoughts exactly. Not really a fan of the motif yet the quality and Factory aspect of the work is in place.

Of course, $10k is nothing to sneeze at. Now when is that auction for Russ's pre-war engraved DS opening 😁

·
Registered
732 Posts
On something like this the value is definitely what someone is willing to pay. Since you can still get Francolini to make you one, I thought it finished very well. I would not have gone anywhere near that number just because I am not into “pretty guns”. But considering who bought it, I would have to think that it's a very desirable gun.
I do not know GunBroker handles, did it go to a forum member?

·
Registered
211 Posts
To each, his own, I suppose!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great looking piece of art. Nice to be able to afford and appreciate this kind of firearm. Keeps things interesting and a step above normal firearms. Makes you wonder about the individual that could afford and purchase these type firearms when new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts