Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a correct ejector rod knob for a 1930s Detective Speical. The style is much shorter than on longer barreled guns. Any help will be appreciated. (The usual common gun parts suppliers do not have originals.)

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking! (And praying!)

Any help would be appreciated, maybe even a rough or refinished gun that has the correct knob.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Still looking! (And praying!)

Any help would be appreciated, maybe even a rough or refinished gun that has the correct knob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look at Tulsa this weekend. I have a 1932 DS so I have an idea what your looking for.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The style I need is a "single hump," rather than the "double hump" A1A pictures. Here is a link to a Pre-War Official Police 2-inch in a closed auction:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38142408

I seem to recall seeing some thread titles concerning posting of links to auctions. The threads may have concerned only open auctions, but I did not read them, so if there is a prohibition to links such as the above, please tell me immediately, and I will delete the link.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not go through my Pre-War revolvers to look for matching knobs, but someone posted a picture of an early PPS with a 4-inch barrel somewhere recently, and it has what appears to be the same knob, so that should expand the pool of possible donor guns by a huge amount.

Any help?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I found one at the Tulsa Gun Show but it was in nickel finish. What'd be the chance of that? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The seller (seriously) offered to make it black with a black magic marker. I said "no thanks, the man this is going to can't be fooled".

I should have screwed a knob off while looking at the phoney Detective
Special. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have taken the nickel and used it until a better one showed up.

I have now determined that the PP and PPS may have used the same knob, which should deepen the pool of possibles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts