Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys: I am looking for a pair of good, but not mint, condition grips for a pre-war Offical Police. These would be checkered walnut with the silver Colt medallion. They are flat on the backside and not routed out. I have an old OP with "finish issues" that needs a pair of the right grips, but a mint or excellent pair would look out of place. Of course, I can't use a pair that are cracked, badly chipped or plain worn out. Anybody got an average pair they could part with? Thanks.
Charlie

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Charlie,

I know you posted this some time back & no one responded. I just happen to notice in my new Gun Parts (Numrich) catalog that in addition to having Pre-War wooden OP service grips, they also list some used OP grips, wood with silver medallions. At 9 or 10 bucks a set, they may be worth seeing if it is right for the condition of your gun. I agree that new grips on an honest wear gun just doesn't look right. Incidentally these used OP grips don't show up on the Numrich web site that I can find. Hope this helps.

BTW, if you do buy a set of these used OP grips will you please report back the overall condition of what you receive?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WS26: Thanks for the tip. As it happens another Foprum member, Lonewolf, very kindly helped me by parting with a pair of gently worn pre-war OP grips for a very fair price. They came in last night and were exactly what I needed. However, I may need some more so your tip is most helpful also. I have had hit and miss success with Gunparts (haven't we all?) but for $10 or so I'd be wiling to gamble on a pair of pre-war grips. Those darn things are hard to find. I just got lucky, as I think if I had posted about needing a mint pair I'd still be looking. I guess I'll have to chase down that new Gunparts catalog. I appreciate your suggestion, and a public thanks to Lonewolf as well.

Charlie Flick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts