Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this forum. Picked up a real nice New Service 44-40 this weekend at Dallas Show. She is in need of a blued lanyard ring and retaining pin. Does anyone have this part or can point me in the right direction. Appreciate all help. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt Want to try one more time to see if anyone can help. Also in need of original black colt checkered grips with COLT spelled out on top for same model. Want original Colt parts. I know both of these parts are currently being reproduced, but looking for original parts. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,Badge107. Ive collected(and mostly shot)N.Services in all the calibers for 20 yrs. Original Colt Grips are "expensive",and unless the gun is otherwise original,and probably 90% of original bluing,it may not be worth the expense,as repros,go for around $20 or so. If it is a "late" model New Service,with 1926 as the last patent date on top of the barrel,it will take checkered walnut grips with silver medallions,to be original,as the black hard rubber was discontinued around 1926. I have some original hard rubber grips in excellent shape,and probably can scrounge around my parts drawer for an original lanyard & pin. Contact me if interested,and go on eBay to get an idea of what original Colt hard rubber grips in excellent shape are going for.(If the 44/40 is a late model,I dont have any walnut stocks for it.) Bud

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lonewolf, Thanks for your response. The New Service I have was made in 1906. It is in very nice condition with the exception of the grips which are not correct. It is also missing the lanyard ring. I have a nice pair of diamond S&W N frame grips from the 50's and some nice 1911A1 HS barrels for trade.
I have shot the 1906 44-40 and it is safe and accurate. Would like to replace the two parts I mentioned. Contact me [email protected]. Maybe we can work something out. I am also in need of a Colt 1917 barrel property marked with H inspector. Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
You may want to try Popperts (poppertsgunparts.com) for any parts a forum member can't help you out with.
Best Regards,
ADP3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts