Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here at the Colt forum, as I am just getting interested in them. I hang mostly at Tuco's Gunboards and the S&W board, but please don't hold that against me.

I've come across a 1909 in 45 Colt and would like your opinions as to what it should sell for. The bore is in excellent condition, the crane and cylinder lock up tight and the timing is spot-on. The blueing is original, and is mostly there. The buttstock swivel has worn the finish on either side of it, and the RH grip panel is missing a good-sized chunk at the rear edge.

I'd appreciate your thoughts very much!

Thanks,

BRS

------------------
Honi Soit qui Mal I Pense

·
Registered
570 Posts
BRS: Welcome to the Forum. You will like it here. On the M1909, in my neck of the woods that gun would probably be found priced somewhere in the $550-650 range, in my opinion. The damaged stock is a real problem as they are exceedingly hard to find for replacement. That hurts the value considerably, in my view. Let us know if you get it, and keep posting. Charlie Flick

[This message has been edited by ordnanceguy (edited 02-13-2004).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input and the welcome.

In light of what the seller is asking and the damaged grip, I'm going to give this one a pass.

I'm going to stick around here, though, now that I found the place.

Thanks,

BRS

------------------
Honi Soit qui Mal I Pense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts