Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antique Colt SAA 4 3/4" - .45 Long Colt

Description:
Offered for sale here is an Antique 1st Generation Colt Single Action Army with the desirable short barrel (4 3/4") in the most desirable caliber of 45 Long Colt. The serail number 161,703 (correction from 181,703) indicates this revolver was manufactured in 1895 (CORRECTION). All edges are still sharp and crisp. The matching ass/bin number is found on the frame beneath the tg and also on the loading gate. GI format will not allow me to upload any more pics.

This SAA is finished in nickel which has begun to flake in certain areas. Minor age pitting as would be expected from a firearm of this age that has been used and holstered but not abused. Good bore. Good, honest wear.

As an Antique this Colt SAA can be shipped direct to you. ***NO SALES OR SHIPPING TO CALIFORNIA, ALASKA OR HAWAII*** Many States have very restrictive gun laws. Be certain that you are allowed to own this gun in your area before you bid. Firearm will be shipped within 24 hours of payment clearance. Shipping within the continental U.S. ONLY. I do NOT ship to California, Alaska or Hawaii.

There is a 3 day non-firing inspection period starting when it arrives. A return (minus shipping charges) will ONLY be accepted if the item is NOT AS DESCRIBED in this listing. I will not accept returns due to change of mind, buyer’s remorse, etc.

Price: $2950

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WTS-1st Gen SAA

My apologies to the forum, and thanks to the moderator for pointing out that in my haste to share a listing, I inadvertently without thought, created an auction environment...

Offered for sale here is an 1st Generation Colt Single Action Army with the desirable short barrel (4 3/4") in the most desirable caliber of 45 Long Colt. The serial number indicates this revolver was manufactured in 1920. All edges are still sharp and crisp.
This SAA has the most desirable blue with case hardening finish. As indicated by the star (*) on the right rear bow of the trigger guard this 100 year old 1st Gen has been back to the factory at some point in its life. The case hardening appears to be original to the gun as the edges are all sharp and crisp as new. All markings on the frame and TG are sharp. Grips show very little wear and are perfectly fitted to the gun.

I have no record of what was done at the factory, however, the hammer appears to be a later replacement, the trigger pull is light (indicating a trigger job at some point) and I beleive the barrel, trigger guard and maybe grip strap were refinished. The "Hartford" on the correct 2 line barrel address is just a smidgen light, which might be further indication of the factory return. I did not remove the back strap, trigger guard or ejector rod housing. The back side of the cylinder is stamped with a small 84. Excellent bore.

This Colt SAA can be shipped from my C&R/FFL to yours. C&R/FFL's with signatures can be sent via fax, e-mail or regular mail. ***NO SALES OR SHIPPING TO CALIFORNIA, ALASKA OR HAWAII*** Many States have very restrictive gun laws. Be certain that you are allowed to own this gun in your area before you bid. Firearm will be shipped within 24 hours of C&R/FFL receipt and payment clearance. Shipping within the continental U.S. ONLY. I do NOT ship to California, Alaska or Hawaii. As a collector, I am not set up to accept credit cards.

There is a 3 day non-firing inspection period starting when it arrives. A return (minus shipping charges) will ONLY be accepted if the item is NOT AS DESCRIBED in this listing. I will not accept returns due to change of mind, buyer’s remorse, etc.

$2400
Forum make-up price:$1975 + Shipping

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
WTS-Colt Antique SAA Correction

Colt SAA - Long Flute

Description:
Offered for sale from my personal collection is a rare 1st Gen Colt SAA with the documented Long Flute configuation, in .45 cal with a beautiful 7 1/2" barrel. This SAA was shipped on July 23rd, 1914 to Montgomery Ward & Company, Chicago, Il. This one has actually been to the range with me several times and is a joy to shoot (although I recomend taking the MOP's off before shooting)! Excellent bore.

The barrel and ejector rod housing of this 1915-made revolver retain about 92% original bright blue with most of loss along the housing showing flaking to a pleasant gray-brown patina, light edge wear and some scattered areas of minor thinning along the barrel. The long flute cylinder retains about 80% original blue showing moderate high edge and operational wear toning to pewter gunmetal patina along with some very small spots of fine pinprick pitting and other light scratches. The backstrap and trigger guard retain about 85% original blue with the grip straps thinning to gray-brown patina, high edge wear and a few light dings along the edges of the trigger guard and base of the grip frame.

The hammer and frame show lovely case-hardened colors throughout, particularly bold in the more protected areas and showing some spots of very fine pinprick pitting scattered along the high edges and areas toning to a pleasant silvery case-hardened patina. The screw heads show some light slot wear, a few perhaps a bit more moderate but many otherwise show some nice fire blue and all markings remain crisp and clear including the Rampant Colt on the left side frame.

The revolver wears a set of un-numbered factory mother-of-pearl grips with brass Rampant Colt medallions that remain in very good plus condition, the only major blemish being a 1 1/8" triangular chip at the heel of the right panel along with a few scattered hairline cracks and handling marks. The serialized parts are matching, Solid timing and lock-up. A very fine example of these desirable revolvers made using leftover Model 1878 double action cylinders; only 1478 revolvers were produced utilizing these parts and they are rarely seen in such nice condition.

This Colt SAA can be shipped from my C&R/FFL to yours. C&R/FFL's with signatures can be sent via fax, e-mail or regular mail. ***NO SALES OR SHIPPING TO CALIFORNIA, ALASKA OR HAWAII*** Many States have very restrictive gun laws. Be certain that you are allowed to own this gun in your area before you bid. Firearm will be shipped within 24 hours of C&R/FFL receipt and payment clearance. Shipping within the continental U.S. ONLY. I do NOT ship to California, Alaska or Hawaii. As a collector, I am not set up to accept credit cards.

Price: $6150.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts