Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Colt Officers Model 38 Target Revolver. Caliber is .38 Special. Stocks are original with Colt emblem. Trigger and backstrap are factory checkered. Front and rear sights are individually adjustable. Overall condition appears to be Excellent. Package includes the following: (1) original factory box in 3 pieces and in very poor condition, (2) factory pamphlet entitled 'Shooting Suggestions,' (3) cleaning brush, (4) factory test target containing amongst other things, the gun's serial number, (5) grip adaptor, (6) Pachmayr rubber grip, and (7) Herretts Shooting Star stocks. Price is $650.00. Buyer pays freight. Payment by US Postal Money Order ONLY.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello, ordway
If you have a picture or two and a serial # range, I would be much obliged. Thank you for your consideration.
DHENRY

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am considering selling a Colt Officers Model Match revolver built, according to the original owner, in 1938. It is single action only. The original owner said he special ordered the piece as a single action and that Colt built it as such.
I have been told that a handful of these single actions were built by Colt and that others were modified by private gunsmiths.
Is anyone familiar with the single action Officers Models?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Potomus,
Questions really should be in the revolvers section, but I also have a single action OMT. I can try to help you with what you want to know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Majic. I apologize for posting out of line. I was just reading and that question came to mind. I'm new here, but that's no excuse for not paying attention.
I have recently been told that an OMM of the period of mine can't be a single action.
Thanks again for your kindness in correcting my posting incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
I am not comfortable with getting off topic in a thread, but the Officers Model Match was introduced in 1953, so one could not be made in 1938. Perhaps you have a gun that has had an OMM barrel on an Officers Model Target made in 1938. Please provide a picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts