Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling this for a friend, and by my best guess (read: research), it is roughly a 1938 model.

$750 firm. Prefer FTF in Virginia, but could work out shipping with FFL transfer.

This is a shooter if you want it to be, and an unadulterated original. One owner, Edwin "Lucky" Stevens, passed to his daughter, my friend.

6 or 6-5/8" barrel
Perfect bore, and flawless operation (per my friend's report)
Horizontal lines on the Mainspring housing (high-velocity ammo okay)
Adjustable (elevation) front sight, and windage-adjustable rear sights
The rest you can see.

The finish is good, but there is a little bluing wear, and a few scuffs, a tiny bit of surface rust, etc. On the whole, it's in what I would call very good condition. Note: I am not a professional, I am not an appraiser, I am not (fill in the blank). But the finish blemishes are minor, and mechanically, it's perfect.

I disassembled the gun to field-strip level, gave it a quick clean and pulled a bore-brush through. The bore is perfect, though the pictures are very hard to capture. This was always the hardest picture for me to take of any gun, but especially handguns.

For the whole album: https://plus.google.com/photos/117058084442169424734/albums/5698702411212939105?authkey=CN61pK3E74WkKA

DSCN2062.jpg DSCN2061.jpg DSCN2063.jpg DSCN2060.jpg

Comes with a soft case, trigger lock, and if you happen to be in Virginia for a FTF sale, I'll throw in ammo too and let you shoot it.

If you have questions, shoot. Again, $750 firm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, indeed. I don't know that she ever had more than the one, but it's just the one magazine with it now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is this gun still for sale????? If so, what is the price now???? You started with $750 firm and then had a price drop. What did you drop it too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts