Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Listing this beauty for a buddy of mine and it shore is purty. Lol.

This nickel Python is a very strong 98% with only light handling marks throughout. Finish has no chips, flakes or areas missing. It is definitely a collector, not a shooter. Sadly there are no box or papers. Grips are equally as nice, showing minimal effects of handling after 32 years as well. This gun is a showstopper, no doubt. Additional pics available upon request.

$1725 shipped to your FFL from mine. I will only accept USPS Money Orders as a form of payment or cash on a FTF transaction in Central KY. Please PM/email with any questions as I will gladly assist. No trades please.

I am 273-0 with 100% positive feedback on eBay if you wish for a reference, under user ID ohhellawolffish.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
Somebody PLEASE buy this thing before I have any more time to think about it...

When you say "light handling marks throughout", what do you mean by that? Are there many swirls in the finish or is it more mirror like?

Thank You,

Russ

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Russ,

First off, thanks for your interest!

The finish is indeed mirror-like (you could successfully shave in it, lol) and there are no swirl marks to be found. The nickel is all factory original and the handling marks are what I would define as spots in the finish that are indicative of those that could easily have come from the factory, not those that have occurred by abuse or neglect.

It is a true "mint" piece that is worthy of any collection.

Gimme a shout if I can be of further assistance. Always glad to help out!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SPF To ZL1427

Thanks again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This SALE has not ended very well at all. I will follow-up with more info when it becomes available. Waiting to hear back from David, and I truely hope to hear from him.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This SALE has not ended very well at all. I will follow-up with more info when it becomes available. Waiting to hear back from David Plunkett, and I truely hope to hear from him.
Wow well I hope u got your python scares me to death to get your money takin from u and u don't get what u want in return good luck and keep us posted I wanna know what happened thanxs

·
Registered
758 Posts
17 day's since you sent the money and you are still waiting to hear from him. I guess we should have checked his 100% positive feedback on e-bay..... WOW

I sure hope you hear from him ZL1427

·
Registered
20 Posts
17 day's since you sent the money and you are still waiting to hear from him. I guess we should have checked his 100% positive feedback on e-bay..... WOW

I sure hope you hear from him ZL1427
I was able to reach him and the gun did arrive about 7 days ago, but it turns out that it was reported stolen back in 2010. No one to blame that I've been dealing with. As I understand it. Not all States require firearms to be logged in. So I suppose this will happen from time to time.

All involved are making the right and honorable choices. And the State Police now have a real nice Nickel Python...to return to the rightful owner I assume.

·
Registered
382 Posts
this should work like dominoes , chain to first purchaser of stolen gun, they would eat it. might not be easy but that is how it should play out. IMOP

·
Administrator
7,028 Posts
Recommend starting a new thread in the Lounge if further updates are needed . The Classified posts are only for direct buy/sell comments .

If you want to add a final post when this is resolved let me know .

Thanks .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.