Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Colt WW II EUROPEAN COMMEMORATIVE FOR $600. It has been shot and some dufus dinged the slide trying to drift the rear sight. Bought it to be a shooter. Do I need to change any parts? Have heard since these weren't really meant to shoot that the workmanship wasn't up to snuff. Trigger is pretty heavy. Thoughts?

AJ

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Is it this one.."European Theater of Operations"

Mine is unfired but I have detail striped it and I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that it wasn't made to shoot....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it this one.."European Theater of Operations"

Mine is unfired but I have detail striped it and I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that it wasn't made to shoot....
Looks just like it. 4121ETO

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
Because these were "Real guns" Colt used standard production parts to build them.
No matter what kind of Commemorative a company builds, there are going to be some people who shoot them.
So, if they're a real shootable gun and not a mock-up that's incapable of being loaded and fired, they have to be made to the same standards as a ordinary production gun.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
well it is a beautiful shooter sir and will deinitely get some conversations going at the range. i wouldn't be scared to fire it, it has to be as shootable as a regular production piece or they would be opening themselves up to a lot of liability. Shoot it with confidence

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Good luck with those tiny sights Marine...

Too bad you didn't come across its brother, the PTO.....

I picked up one of the WW I editions for my wife as a shooter....it draws a crowd at the range...might be the ivories....but it could be her :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck with those tiny sights Marine...

Too bad you didn't come across its brother, the PTO.....

I picked up one of the WW I editions for my wife as a shooter....it draws a crowd at the range...might be the ivories....but it could be her :)

The guys where I got it are friends, and I have a standing order for when a "BELLEAU WOOD" comes in it is mine.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
dfariswheel, as usual, is spot on. If you didn't buy it as a "sit in the safe" or "display" piece then shoot it with confidence.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I used to have all 4 in the matching set S/N 4386 all unfired with the boxes...but I sold them off. They are everywhere until you want one.

Here is your Belleau Wood :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts