Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought some new guns yesterday including a 1911 army colt built in 1914, the story is that it was a duffle bag gun that also served two generations of the same family as LEO's carry gun. saw photo of two folks with a colt nothing showing this close up.
anyway the gun is all original except the grips and a 1950's attempt at engraving, oh well it is still a nice gun!

------------------
hangin in there like a hair in a biscuit

[This message has been edited by potlicker (edited 04-27-2005).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'll bet it's a keeper! I had a WWI GI .45 once upon a time and it was one of the best guns I've ever had. Mine was just beat to heck when I got it and I had it reblued and new stocks put on and it was magnificent. Shot better than the 357 Trooper I had at the time. Congrats!

·
Registered
44 Posts
first loose the stocks.imho fingered rubber grips are the worst.second the kitchen engraving job done with some sort of engraving (cheapo id do it youself pen)device is really amaturish.why would someone do that to a fine old 1911.some kid probably o well id have it refinished to cover up the mess.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Potlicker, I wonder, have you talked with Colt or C&S or someone about refininshing your 1911? I would think that the, "engraving," could be smoothed out and reblued? No?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts