Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this Colt 1911 two years, ''DOB 1912'' looking for additional information, ship address Army or Navy?
ive requested a letter 3 months ago but has not arrived.
NO138XX,

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
90-120 days is about normal to get an archives letter unless you paid extra for expedited service.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I purchased this Colt 1911 two years, ''DOB 1912'' looking for additional information, ship address Army or Navy?
ive requested a letter 3 months ago but has not arrived.
NO138XX,
GPT817,

Pictures would help.? At a minimum, we would need the complete serial #. (PM, if you can.?)

(There are twelve 138XX's listed in SRS,---most likely, yours is not one of them.?)

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
The prior USN serial range ended at 13,500. Your gun was in a shipment of 500 guns to Augusta Arsenal, Augusta GA on November 15, 1912.

Johnny beat me to it. (As usual!)
Rob,

At least you read the question (and not into it).:D Went to SRS to check 138XX pistols to see if there were any that may have been on ships (Army pistols that ended up serving with the Navy). As it turns-out, all 12 listed may have been on ships,---they are all listed as USCG pistols. (So, became interested in the two Xs.)

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Colt 1911 is married to RR slide and i saw a circled pony slide on evil bay i thought about bidding on.
thank you for the intel$$$.
Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts