Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...I need some input/prices/advice!!

I have a friend who is a vendor of mine that has a few pieces of Nazi WWII stuff. He nor myself have any idea what this stuff is or may be worth. I believe he told me that he inherited it from some In-Laws.

Looks like a Bayonet, a Nazi parade flag(?)....and a Nazi sword.

Help! Any input would be greatly appreciated as usual!

Pictures to follow:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
The Nazi 'sword' is in fact a Army (Heer) Officer's dagger. The flag I believe is a WWII battle flag. The bayonet I think is a U.S. M3 bayonet. The most valuable items would most likely be the two German items. As to value, you may have to do some online research.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
The flag is of the German (Nazi) Navy or "Kriegsmarine", from 1938 to 1945. It may have some value but it seems interest in Nazi stuff has dropped off dramatically.
Try this guy http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/german_flags.html
Nazi edged weapons are often "parts" knives having been put together from surplus parts after the war. Whether real or not, it doesn't appear to have the condition that would interest collectors.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
The Army (Heer) Officer's Dagger is in the $250 - $350 range unless they have increased in value the past couple of years. Condition is the most important part of value and most are in decent condition as they were usually worn only with the Dress uniform.

The Battle Flag is in very nice condtion, but I can't help with a price on it. There are a lot of reproduction flags and area where it is white in your picture appears very white. Has the white area "yellowed" any, especially at "folds" in the material? If so, it is most probably original.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The flag is of the German (Nazi) Navy or "Kriegsmarine", from 1938 to 1945. It may have some value but it seems interest in Nazi stuff has dropped off dramatically.
Try this guy German Flags & Banners
Nazi edged weapons are often "parts" knives having been put together from surplus parts after the war. Whether real or not, it doesn't appear to have the condition that would interest collectors.
We have a few flags like that in the store, and they are slow movers. The problem for most collectors is that you can't really display a flag that reaches from floor to ceiling, and if you do you better do it in a man cave with "restricted access". Many people take offense to these flags, so it's not like you can hang them in the living room.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a few flags like that in the store, and they are slow movers. The problem for most collectors is that you can't really display a flag that reaches from floor to ceiling, and if you do you better do it in a man cave with "restricted access". Many people take offense to these flags, so it's not like you can hang them in the living room.
Olle, You're exactly right. My buddy told me that his wife's dad brought this stuff back from WWII and pretty much left it alone. I think its definitely an underground market. I know, I wouldn't put it in My Man-cave, unless my dad or grand-dad fought to bring it home!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone for the input! When he asked me what I thought about this stuff, I wasn't quite sure what to tell him..then I thought of you guys! Thanks, Colt Forum for allowing me to post this as it's obviously not Colt related! This stuff is definitely NOT my Cup Of Tea..........

Problem:Solved!

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Just in case your friend wants to know (or sound knowledgeable when he tries to sell the stuff :) ), the maker's mark on the blade is that of Carl Julius Krebs, from Solingen, the center of the German blade industry, a manufacturer of all sorts of Nazi daggers, SS swords, etc. during the years of the Third Reich.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was a dedicated collector of this back in the late 70's and bought several daggers, flags, etc. The daggers I bought were around $150 - $175 back then. But they were always in excellent condition. The Wermacht (sp? Army) dagger you show is rather rough to be honest. And I don't and haven't followed the market for many years. I do recall way back then as a young man having my family think I was nuts for my "interest". They asked why I would glorify Hitler and the Nazi evil. I didn't at all, but was intrigued with that history. Wasn't accepted much back then and probably much less so now.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
The annual Militaria collector's show in St. Paul, MN will be held next weekend, September 29-October 1. This show has always shown a lot of Nazi materials: flags, uniforms, daggers, artwork, decorations, etc. This year the sponsors have announced that they will no longer allow materials to be sold/displayed showing the Nazi swastika. All the hubub about haters, KKK, etc. has brought about a big change in this show. Will be interesting to see how it impacts attendance and displays.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Photograph Standing Portrait Suit Vintage clothing

A little off subject. This is my Great, Great-Grandfather, Louis A. Adams. He lived a long life (96 years)..about 80 miles from the NC Outer Banks & never saw the Atlantic Ocean. Notice his lapel. He was a Confederate Veteran. He was "Captured in Jackson's Mill, Va" (Now...West Virginia). He made it home and lived to raise a pretty large brood! I have 3 others who were also Confederate Veterans. I don't know as much about their service . As far as I'm concerned, they were all HARD working & Very HARD living Men. I don't care whether or not they fought for something that was morally wrong or not, nor do I think they knew the difference back then. In their mind, they were fighting for their families & their tiny farms!

I DO NOT CARE if anyone is offended by them or what they fought for. War is Hell....no matter where its fought. I'm not a Reich fan, but I see no need in masking history, no matter the cause or outcome!

Photograph Standing Portrait Suit Vintage clothing

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
How can fighting men be ignored, denied, disrespected, denigrated and otherwise despised by rational human beings?
I was only the worst domestic horror that this nation ever suffered, regardless of whose side your family fought on.
My Dad's great uncle got a through & through of the chest at Gettysburg, and didn't die until August, back home in Rome, ME.
Are PC nitwits going to erase all of it, or just some of it?
~
~
~
~
~
It just pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
No offense intended, but the way you guys have seamlessly drifted this thread from Nazi memorabilia to Confederate monuments is not helping. These two do NOT belong together, not even to make some generic point about political correctness.

I am strongly opposed to "photoshopping" any part of our nation's history out of public life for PC reasons. That applies especially to the attack on the Confederate monuments.

But the Nazis are not a comparable part of our history; while there is nothing wrong with historical interest and collecting, I've spent enough years around the WW II collecting scene to know that there are plenty of unsavory characters who get excited about Nazi collectibles for all the wrong reasons. It's a free country, they're free to do what they want, but these are NOT the people I'm defending when I speak up for the monuments and Southern history.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.