Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about picking up this XSE for a carry gun and wanted to hear what you guys think.

It's had the grip safety replaced and the slide has been sandblasted. Not a collector piece at all but thats not what I was looking for anyways. Novak night sights and I'm not sure if they are factory but they are still bright.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Asking price $689 + tax

Sorry for the crappy pics. I didn't have my phone with me to take my own.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
At that price it would be a buy for me. The XSE is definitely one of the finest modern acp's per not only me but also Colt. Check out their 2012 ad on the Colt website. It shoots as good if not better than my GCT and GCTNM. If you don't buy it and Snakeman doesn't get it I may drive down to Tucson to take a look.

·
Registered
131 Posts
if the feed ramp is not altered and it seems to be clean inside it might be worth picking up. Check the frame rails to make sure there is no excessive ware. I have this gun for carry. My commander is trouble free I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. I was able to take a closer look and it looks like bubba went to town on her.

Feed ramp was shined up to a mirror finish that perfectly met the barrel. No 1/32" gap. It also looked to be flatened out and widened.

I passed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts