Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discussed this gun before, so those of you who have read about it, please bear with me. A little over a year ago I ordered a stainless xse combat commander from my local shop. I normally like to see my guns first, but none existed in the area. (I've owned Colt 1911's for over 30 years and currently have an original 70 and a 70 repro. along with the xse) The gun arrived with flawless fit and finish, but the slide was gravelly and the trigger broke at over 6 lbs. Stripped, cleaned, and oiled the gun, and proceeded to work the slide and dry fire hundreds of times. I've since put close to 1000 rounds through it without one failure of any kind. It's not a Gold Cup, but accuracy is acceptable for a carry gun. Slide flows like Kroil, but the trigger is still a little stiff-not as nice as the 70's. I love the feel and balance of the gun and don't have to worry about rust or holster wear. Any scratches buff right out with Flitz. Plus, it's a Colt.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, meant the previous post as an answer to Dennis, but clicked the wrong box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dad got that exact Pistol about 6 months ago...we had to do a little work on the slide to get it smooth...it had loading problems nothing a simple polishing couldn't fix...it's a good shooter...Now...I don't want to start another argument but in my way of thinking for what a Colt Commander cost shouldn't Colt have fixed all of this before it left the factory?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts