Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what years were the 2nd generation Colts for New Frontier made and when the 3rd generations started and ended?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just looking quickly at the Blue Book, 2nd generation New Frontiers were made from 1961-1975. 3rd generation N.F.'s from 1978-81. Despite their relative scarcity, they still can be found much more cheaply than their SAA brethern. -Asa

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy moly ASA, if thats true then my Colt New Frontier peacemaker 22lr/22mag convertible is a second generation because it has a serial number indicating 1975!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Corrado, hold on a minute there! You are talking apples and oranges. Your question was very misleading the way you asked it Vs what you really wanted to know. You made no reference to it pertaining to a Scout (22 and 22 mag) until your second post.

The answer asa gave you was absolutely correct as it applies to a SAA. But SAA and Scouts are not the same animal.

You CANNOT equate any of the 22 Scouts including the New Frontier Scouts using the same convention as the SAA. The 22 Scouts are their own separate entity.

There is no such thing as a 1st gen or 2nd gen or 3rd gen Frontier Scout, New Frontier Scout, or Peacemaker Scout.

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 12-18-2004).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems the way I read it on Chuck Hawkes web site the New Frontier 22 came in two unique generations of its own. First generation was 1970-1985 and these didnt have the safety transfer bar.Mine is a 1975 with no safety transfer bar. The second group was from 1982 thru 1985 or thereabouts with the safety transfer.Serial numbers will reflect this. My original quesiton wasnt aimed at my NF 22 but in SAA and regular New Frontiers.Thankyou for your help answering this for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just assumed you were referring to the centerfire SAA when you posted your question. Amazingly enough, the heading (in the B.B.) for the Scout is "SAA, Scout". Ergo, the confusion. I own just about every reference pertaining to the centerfire SAA's and have and still own a few. However, my interest in Colt .22's is pretty much concentrated on the various Woodsman models. So, except for a cursory look at the B.B., I'll defer to others on specific .22 SAA questions -Asa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts