Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks like a Python with an unfluted cylinder and an 8" barrel.Sure looks great, but the name doesn't ring any bells.
Reminds me a bit of the Kodiak, I believe that was a King Cobra with an unfluted cilinder.

Looks great, although I prefer to be stalked by something, or better yet someone else! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice pic, thanks for the heads up, A1A!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
There was a 6 inch ported and unfluted custom shop version of the SS King Cobra called the Grizzly. The Kodiak was a similar variation of the Anaconda. Both rather scarce.
The Stalker appears to be on the Python frame.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But they are listed in the BB and this one isn't. Maybe it was another Lew Horton kind of thing in smaller quantities. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Then the only thing to do is to get it lettered.

That's the only way to solve this mistery.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great excuse for acquisition. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm sure it's just my suspicious nature /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif but the lettering (font) on the barrel just doesn't look right.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although I thought about the font, I found it even more interesting that it did not say Colt.

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Although I thought about the font, I found it even more interesting that it did not say Colt.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i was thinking

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FWIW - I find that Mag-Na-Port has made a "Stalker" line of custom revolvers based on existing models, but I see no mention of it including a Python-based model and this is not ported if that indeed is a characteristic of them all. Maybe someone who has dealt with them before should just call and ask. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
And, what is the "special finish"? Perhaps brushed hard chrome?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wouldn't you also normally expect to see the caliber listed below the name if it were made by Colt?

e.g. in this case it would be marked under the Stalker name:

.357 Magnum Ctg

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That appears to be marked on the right side of the barrel although it is not real clear in the pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts