Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Zero historical significance, I need that piece about as much as I need another hole in my head.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Would be nice to have a document with Mr. Ford's signature on it. As it sits, I'll only go 4M.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Half of the bad pawn shops in America have a prewar N-frame in about the same shape lying around.

Indiana Jones is cool, but I think I'll keep my $5mil...uh, right.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was interested until I read that the gun had been "neutered." What an awful thing to do to such a nice gun. If it can't shoot, I don't want it, even though it is probably MA compliant.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Agreed. I was just about to call my broker until I saw the gun “had been sympathetically deactivated”. How Orwellian, is that like a gentle castration?

·
Registered
394 Posts
i'll bet they'd take $4,950,000...................

Reactions: oldcoltheart75

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Agreed. I was just about to call my broker until I saw the gun “had been sympathetically deactivated”. How Orwellian, is that like a gentle castration?
Or slightly killed. :rolleyes:

I don't think the deactivation will hurt the value much, but on the other hand: The market value is nowhere close to the starting bid, and the link CLASSIC12 posted is good proof of that. Just guessing, but I think it would be worth maybe $10k to a movie nerd with deep pockets. In real life it will probably sell for less.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts