Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O-C

I couldn't even afford the shipping insurance on that puppy!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Shouldn't that low a serial number be U.S. marked? At any rate, in that condition, I don't see $300G's in it. I guess I'll pass.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I could afford the bubble wrap to ship it but thats about it LOL

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I asked if a Colt Letter has been done, we will wait and see.....:confused:...I mean for $300,000.00 + , I would like to see something in writing from some where..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had to restrain myself. Being a sarcastic person I was going to start the bidding at .01 just to say I tried. I agree Kid the letter is not only necessary but will be interesting.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
"Given the rarity and value of this item, the buyer must contact me directly to arrange transfer of this magnificent revolver".... Naw.. the gun gets seen face to face and a Colt expert verifies and inspects. I guess I don't live on the same plane as the guy that has 300K to send someone to go buy it for him.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
No Kopec letter? I don't believe someone would really put a genuine pinch frame like that on Gunbroker. If it is genuine it should have documentation and I would think it would be listed at a reputable auction house and not on GB.
But anything is possible I suppose....

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ron Graham is more likely to be a guy who "authenicates" that civilian model.

Looks like the seller copied and pasted some of collector's firearm's description on their $175,000 listed one with a lower number.

Collector's Firearms

The gun will stand or fall on what the buyer who is spending the cash thinks of that revolver. If a factory letter was even available it wouldn't be some kind of gold stamped promise of the revolver being legit. It would probably only say 45 caliber and blued finish...no mention of barrel length or stocks and it might tell you what dealer the revolver was shipped to.

I've heard of guys in the underworld of gun faking that if you give them a factory letter they can give you a gun that matches the letter. :)

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Please, only serious inquiries"

Well, at least he didn't say serious bids.... :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts