Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be funny to post GB auctions that make you LOL! Since they end please copy the pics and discription instead of links if you can so they dont dissapear.

Here is mine:
You are bidding on a Colt New Service .45. Item has a 8 inch barrel. It is in very good condition. The firearm has been stored in a climate controlled environment.
Starting price 2,995.00 with a buy it now for 3,195.00

·
Registered
173 Posts
"The firearm has been stored in a climate controlled environment"... As oppose to what? Left outside to rust? I think you win with the first one.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I don't have a current example but have recently seen on gunbroker more than once "NIB" listed in the title, yet the gun did not come with a box.:bang_wall:

·
Registered
36 Posts
What the hell is on the end of that barrel?
How is that an 8" barrel?
It looks like it has a screw on choke.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well after all, he never said what sort of climate.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It's for a grenade to be fixed at the end and launched by firing? :bang_wall: It will remain on GB until 50 years when the dollar has no value and that price will be like $150 today.

Reactions: skilled

·
Registered
719 Posts
Actually, that is the very rare Colt factory extendable barrel model. With that option you could have a barrel starting at 2" and extend out to 10" if you would like. Add some quick remove sights and you have one gun that goes from a CCW weapon to a full on target gun.....always wondered why it never caught on.

·
Banned
394 Posts
That barrel is factory and very very rare but I bet the seller don't have a clue it is a NFA gun and I bet that is why someone has not bought it. People that don't know what that barrel is think the gun is way too high and the people that do know, know that the gun probably has no NFA paperwork and stay far away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only way I can see that barrel being NFA is if it's smoothbore and that's something along the lines of a Polychoke on the end.
That's what it looks like, anyway.

·
Banned
394 Posts
The only way I can see that barrel being NFA is if it's smoothbore and that's something along the lines of a Polychoke on the end.
That's what it looks like, anyway.
BINGO..You have heard of screw in chokes well that is a screw on choke. Smith and Colt both played around with the idea.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.